Customer Service Agent
Wage / Salary
£16,300 - £18,000 per year (DOE)
40hrs / wk
Are You Passionate About Delivering Customer Service? So are we…
When we launched in 2012, we had two simple goals – to make the experience of car insurance more rewarding for our customers, and to make the roads a safer place for young drivers. We’re glad to say that we’ve achieved both of these goals, thanks to our use of smart technology and the commitment of an even smarter team of people with a passion for delivering the best possible service.
Using the latest in telematics technology, we’ve designed a range of connected insurance products and delivered an award-winning service that our customers love. At the heart of what we do is rewarding people for being more responsible behind the wheel – so with Carrot, it literally pays to drive safely. To date we have given back £2m in rewards to our customers.
About The Role
- You will be dealing with inbound customer queries by a mixture of telephone, email and social media
- Our customers matter, so you’ll be making sure that our customers receive the best possible experience whatever their query is
- You’ll be working within a regulated environment ensuring we treat customers fairly
- You’ll identify where our customers may benefit from our additional after sale products and help offering them to customers
- You’ll be constantly improving the customer’s journey
- You’ll work on a rota basis Mon – Fri between the hours of 8.30am – 6pm, with some weekend work on a Saturday between 9am -1pm.
- You’ll be passionate about looking after our young drivers on the roads and will be able to communicate effectively with people of all ages
- You’ll have an exceptional telephone manner and enjoy day-to-day contact with people
- Ideally you’ll have one or more year’s experience in a similar environment
- You’ll be warm, friendly and positive in nature
- You’ll be computer literate and be able to use Outlook, Excel and our in-house systems.
- You’ll be looking for progression through training and development – we are massively proud of the number of advisors promoted from within
- You’ll want to take an active part in the Carrot business, caring about what goes on.
What will I get in return?
- We offer a role in a modern, airy office with a friendly team
- A competitive salary dependent on your level of customer service experience
- 25 days holiday working up to 30 (plus bank holidays)
- Cash health plan paid for by the Company – we like to look after you!
- Life Insurance
- A range of discounts in High Street stores, restaurants, gyms, cinema tickets along with a bike to work scheme and childcare vouchers
You’ll receive a thorough 4-week training plan that will provide you with all the tools you need to provide a first-class customer experience.
We normally have inductions for several new starters at a time – you’ll start the journey together and train together with our friendly training team.
Note: we have several inductions per year with up to 10 people on each – everyone starts on the same day. Our next induction is planned for mid October.