Downloading your online driving licence summary
As part of the validation of your policy, we require a PDF of your online driving licence summary, which you can get from the DVLA website.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to download your summary:
Make sure you have the following handy before you get started:
- Your Driving Licence card (you’ll need your driving licence number)
- Your National Insurance Number
- Your postcode (this must be the same postcode as on your Driving Licence card)
Once you’ve got these, go to: https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Click ‘Start Now’ and enter your national insurance number, driving licence number, and postcode.
Once you’ve input your information, you will need to tick to accept the DVLA’s privacy notice, then take the following steps:
- Use the tabs and click ‘get your check code’
- Click ‘Print or save your driving licence’
- The PDF download will look like the one below:
- Visit our Web Chat and follow the instructions to send us your Driving Licence document
- You’re done!